Wednesday 16 April 2008

The View from Scotland

The Edinburgh News reviews Stage Play


Liam Rudden of the of the Edinburgh News has written a comprehensive review of the touring play when it performed in Belfast last week. Quite why a Scottish paper sent a reporter to Belfast to see the play when the production plays at Newcastle next month is not made clear! The review however is positive, and it is good to see the show is still attracting publicity half way through the current run.

You can read the review by clicking on the Edinburgh News logo.


**Updated 17 April 2008**

Liam Rudden, the writer of this article has contacted us at the podcast after reading our original post above. Liam says in his e-mail;

"Just to answer you query, the Edinburgh Evening News didn't sent me to Belfast to review Dad's Army. I love the series and Belfast was the earliest chance on the tour I had to catch it. The piece I wrote was for my weekly column, and the point I suppose I was making locally was that such a brilliant piece of family entertainment deserves to tour north - at the moment there are no Scottish dates."

Many of our listeners north of the boarder will agree that is a pity that the stage play has not visited a theatre in Scotland on either of its runs.

Thanks to Liam for getting in touch.

No comments: