Tuesday 8 April 2008

Purveyor of essential supplies on-line

James Beck on MySpace


I recently discovered a comprehensive tribute on the MySpace 'social networking' site to James Beck and his career. The page is maintained and updated regularly and has a number of really interesting features about the actor. Katie, the site owner, chronicles Beck's career - which extends vastly beyond Dad's Army. I recommend that any James Beck fans heads on over to www.myspace.com/jamesbeck29 to take a look.



More Time on Your Hands?!

Due to a technical glitch (okay, a cock-up on my part) our discussion about Time on My Hands (see blog entry 24 March 2008) for Episode 19 of the podcast is going to be re-recorded. For this feature, I will be joined once again by Paul Carpenter of the Dad's Army Appreciation Society. Paul is a fountain of knowledge of all things Dad's Army, so if you have any questions about this episode that you would like me to put to him, please e-mail them to me at james@dadsarmypodcast.com We are due to record next Tuesday (one week from today) so please let me have your questions, or indeed any other comments you may have about this episode before the 15th. You can listen to the latest podcast by clicking on the badge below, and Podcast number 18 will be on-line some point over this coming weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi James

Thank you for the link to my James Beck Fansite. Anyone can view the main page, but I've just discovered that you do need to log in to MySpace to view the photo albums.

I've recently updated the site with screencaps from Jimmy's very brief appearance in Star!

Thanks again
Katie